Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Writer, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Copyright of work submitted must belong to the submitting author and copyright will be retained by the author; however, by agreeing to have work published in this journal, authors give their permission for JIS to print the work here and distribute the work in electronic format. Authors are also aware that this journal is open source. (For more information about open access journals, visit the Public Knowledge Project website at http://pkp.sfu.ca or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_access_journal.) If a piece is printed elsewhere after it has been published in this journal, the editors request that the author contact the JIS so that this success can be announced. (Go to Submissions and follow the steps for a regular submission.) In addition, please credit the journal and inform us of the venue and date of republication. In the credit line, include the title of your work; the full journal title (Journal of Integrated Studies); the year, volume, and issue of publication; and the JIS URL: http://jis.athabascau.ca/index.php/jis. To use anything printed in this journal for future work, please contact the journal editor.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.